Extreme Veggie Scrambled Eggs
Warning: Illegal string offset 'enable_postoptin_override' in /home2/jkkoch/public_html/wp-content/plugins/premium-list-magnet/plm.php on line 915
Warning: Illegal string offset 'enable_postoptin_override' in /home2/jkkoch/public_html/wp-content/plugins/premium-list-magnet/plm.php on line 984
I love eggs. I would eat eggs every day of my life if I could. Unfortunately, Kim is not such a huge fan of eggs. She knows how great eggs are for your health and so she does eat them often, but every once in a while I have to give her a break from eggs. If you like eggs as much as me, feel free to eat them every day, yolk and all. Egg yolks are full of healthy nutrients and healthy fat. Please don’t waste any part of the egg. Eat it all.
If I had the time, I would make omelets every morning, but since I’m usually cooking breakfast for two (and I can only cook one omelet at a time) I’ll usually turn to my quick and easy Extreme Veggie Scrambled Eggs. It takes less time and this way Kim and I can enjoy breakfast together.
Extreme Veggie Scrambled Eggs Recipe:
2 Cloves Garlic
½ Cup Chopped Red Onion
½ Cup Chopped Zucchini
½ Cup Chopped Red Pepper
½ Cup Chopped Green Bell Pepper
½ Cup of any vegetable you want
2 Tbsp EVOO
4 Large Eggs
¼ Cup Milk
¼ Tsp Salt
¼ Tsp Pepper
2 Roma Tomatoes
½ Cup Grated Cheese (your preference)
1 Medium Frying Pan
1 Small Mixing Bowl
1 Wisk1 Wooden Spoon
1 Cheese Grater
2 Bowls or Plates
2 Spoons or Forks
Time: 15-20 minutes
- Mince the garlic and chop all of the vegetables into small pieces.
- Heat EVOO on the frying pan on medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add garlic. The garlic should sizzle when added or the oil is not quite hot enough. When garlic is sizzling add all of the vegetables. Sautée for 5 minutes on low-medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- While the vegetables are sautéing, Break all of the eggs into a small mixing bowl and add the milk. Add salt and pepper.
- Wisk the eggs so that all yolks are broken and no longer distinguishable from the egg whites.
- When vegetables are tender poor the egg mixture over the vegetables into frying pan. Make sure the frying pan is over medium heat.
- Let the egg cook for about 60 seconds and then begin to stir the egg and vegetables.
- Cook for about 4 more minutes. Stir the eggs occasionally so that they scramble. Add the diced Roma tomatoes. Cook eggs for an additional 5-8 minutes, depending on how runny or dry you prefer your eggs.
- While eggs are cooking, grate ¼ cup of cheese into each serving bowl. I do not like to add the cheese directly to the eggs in the frying pan as it makes cleaning the pan more difficult.
When eggs are finished cooking, serve directly on the cheese in the bowls. Give the eggs and cheese a quick stir in each bowl and serve.
Simply enter your information into the form below: